03-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Well, I guess BMW won't be focusing on providing more inspiring drivers' cars any time soon. The more success they get with the ever increasing watered down lineup, the further they will stray from "The Ultimate Driving Machine."
Actually the opposite is true I would say... (if one isn't resigned to making pessimistic assumptions and being a negative Nelly)....

Just as one would perhaps " splurge" when finding some extra cash ( lottery winnings, tax return.. bonus at work.. or just a good year of income)... a manufacturer can take more risks with extra cash in the coffers. While that may not result in BMW creating a new model with a bespoke motor and ancillary items.... BMW could potentially take some projects more to the extreme.... For example.... if they previously didn't plan to make an M2 CSL.. then perhaps with an influx of newly found cash they might decide to go and pull the wraps off a project that has been mothballed.

It certainly seems that something like this did occur with the 1M. Clearly.. BMW had no plans to make it.. while at the same time the E84 BMW X1 was selling like hotcakes and BMW AG cast aside the bean counters and allowed BMW M to develop the 1M.

With the M4 CS and M3 CS announced..... an updated M2 coming.. X3 M40 and X4 M40 announced, X3M and X4M coming.. along with the 8 series and the M8 gran coupe and potentially a new Z4 (apparently none of these including the M8 are the " inspiring driver's car " you are looking for.. )

While I agree to a your comment that I would like something a little wilder than the current offerings.. (a 6 speed M2 CSL or GTS would work for me and is certainly still possible if BMW were to greenlight such a project.. ) what vehicle is it that you are hoping for BMW to make that you are so convinced they will not ?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-13-2018 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
kozzi927.00