View Single Post
      12-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #31
mWHO
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 06

6 Months later:

As someone who tends to contradict themselves and be back and forth on things, I want to add a couple points after some more time with (and without) the car.

I'm not ready to give up the M2, but I find myself searching for what else is out there. The F87 simply hasn't evoked the same connection and bond to me the E92 did. I almost get sad thinking about my E92 now, there is just a certain magic in my eye. As it has aged and its (not financial) value appreciated, the E92 must be protected and treated right, before as we Edmontonians say, "North Siders" get their hands on it. I'm more than curious what my 2022 self will say about the M2.

My problem with the M2 is its too polite. The sensory imputs are soft, which makes for good DDing, however leaves the weekend cruises a bit bland. I think I'm going to invest in a short shifter and ultimate clutch pedal and see how that changes my experience. When prepairng the get sidways in the M3, I was always in a 'holy shit lets not bugger this one', while on the M2, I can expect it to stay controlled and in poise. Take what you will from that, but the fun outputs in my books are totally different. The level-headedness continues through with the power delivery. With the turbo its certainly quick, but it isn't very fast.

Some forum members might define me as a moronic rambler, but my hope is to journal all these thoughts in the hopes it may help a potential buyer. I can stand back and look at the E92 and say 'thats great' with full sincerity. But I seek more of the brashness that only American sports cars are producing. The M2 leaves me in a strange middle ground on how I appreciate cars: either in their brashness (GT350), or sophistication (718), but hopefully both. To me the E92 is the hallmark of those two characteristics. And for now, my thoughts are its good, but not great. The silver lining is that two halves add up to one, and for that reason I'm not going to jump ship quite yet. Tinker and toy a bit. But the fact that I have to modify the the M2 to get what I want leaves me resenting it. So i'll leave on one final statement: I'd rather be in an obnoxious drunken Nashville honky tonk or dining dressed to the nines at a Michelin Star restaurant than be stuck at Chili's.
Epsom Green P38 Range Rover SE
Carbon Black E46 M3 6MT
Appreciate 5
champignon1565.50
Not Sure212.50
xcusem3456.50
Jamongkad239.00