Thread: M2 vs. E92 M3
View Single Post
      07-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #29
tonyb.ca
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3/E93

Interesting reads, one and all.

I am not sure that I agree with SOME of the comparisons. I own an '08 E93 (Dinan cat-back, otherwise stock) and an '09 E82 135is (yes: pull the VIN and is says IS, but its probably just the M sport stuff). I too am thinking about an M2, but wondering if it is worth the incremental upgrade, or if I should just mod the 135. I already own it, it's paid for, and won't return a lot of $ on the market anymore.

Truly miss my old e46 ZHP (ZAM in Canada) ragtop. Most fun car that never threatened my license. Foolish to have traded it in!

Sound:
I don't think anything out there is going to touch the M3 with Dinan (or similar) exhaust. It just doesn't "feel" like it pulls as well as the 135 until you hit around 3 grand, but I can live with the difference. After about 4-5 grand,.. different story. Given that the roof disappears, it has its place, so I'm keeping the little V8. 6MT needs the ZHP's shifter. What WERE they thinking?

The M2 looks interesting, and there is even one available on the lot here! BUT are the extra 50-ish horsepower, suspension and upgraded toys (Navi, etc.) worth the over $50K more it is going to cost? IMHO, the M235 I tested definitely wasn't worth it, and in fact the car "felt" less nimble (but also less "choppy"). The 135 fixed the shifter problem.

I guess I am only going to find out for sure one way: Go try it!

Option 3:
Buy the M2, keep them all and buy a hoist to winter the M2 & M3.

re: dishes
I already bought a dishwasher! Cheaper to maintain!
LOL

Last edited by tonyb.ca; 07-03-2017 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0