Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
It has been confirmed in other threads that the pre-LCI bi-xenon lights don't have the proper hardware to create the tunnel effect either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
I coded mine last night (2018 LCI, Adaptive LED) to re-add 5AP and 8S4 and it works perfectly. It properly adjusts for oncoming traffic, and tunnels around cars in front of me. I had a passenger with me and he confirmed there was no change to my light pattern on the car in front of me when the auto high beams kicked on. However, I wonder what the other cars think whey the see the shoulder lit up like daylite...

Drove for over an hour because after reading these posts I wasn't 100% sure I could trust it. Never once got flashed, never once did my high beams "accidentally" blast oncoming traffic or another driver. I notice very defined edges to my light pattern though, which I did NOT ever see on my M235 with Adaptive Xenons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
I have pre LCI HID and I can confirm that mine works like this. I have been driving with it for over a year. It also points out street signs, Pedestrian and cops hiding to the right. I have driven around behind a friend and he said he can see it working with the lights moving around but it doesn’t blind him.
Seems like there's many conflicting reports about GFHB on US cars, for both the Adaptive Xenons and LEDs.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1406937&page=1

I'm just going to code it in and see for myself. Worst case scenario I'll remove it.
Let's us know how it goes. Thanks.
Appreciate 0