View Single Post
      08-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #104
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Yeah, everyone at BMW and dealerships is misinformed on all of this. I don't know why, but they are. "Production Date" should really be called "Production COMPLETION Date" or something.

That said, mine still hasn't gone 150 yet at least not according to the website or the automated number. (I don't want to bother actual people with looking it up for me, especially when the live Genius people seem to think you are stupid for asking about status two weeks ahead, since they all think "Production Date" is when it starts being built...)

I expect you and I will just get started a little later in the week. My dealership is tiny and low volume compared to the other two in the area, so I'm not surprised at the lack of preferential treatment. (My order went in within a few days of 2018s being open for ordering, so I don't think that has any bearing on what week you get.) OTOH, if I had stuck with the higher volume dealership that I wanted to use, I probably still wouldn't have an allocation yet, since I was 5th or 6th in line over there.
The BMW Geniuses have the most up to date info, the website or automated systems are always behind. Week 37 just means that will be the week production ends. Any day from the 10th through the 16th. It takes roughly two weeks to complete, so if yours hasn't entered production yet, it will sometime in the coming days.
Appreciate 0