Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
If the 3 M2s per dealer per year speculated estimates are true, I see no reason for BMW to price these cars in any reasonable range. Either you'll wait for one at any price or buy a 240i or M3 because you can't wait 6 to 12 months. The M2 will not cannibalize sales of any other model for this very reason. There aren't enough to pull people away from other models with any significant impact.
Canadian pricing has been released and it is very good. The car comes fully loaded... only DCT and metallic color as options... for $61,000. To put this in perspective, a base M4 is $74,000 and a similarly equipped loaded M4 in Canada is $95,000. The M2, similarly equipped is more than $30,000CDN less!!!

I bet the US pricing for a loaded M2 will be low $50k.
Lets hope so. But even if they are only $3k more than the 240i, it means nothing. They could be priced exactly the same. Doesn't matter. They won't be sitting on the lots long enough for anyone to say "well I'll just buy the M2!" Wrong. Few will wait the time it will take to actually get one. It won't make a dent in the m240i sales.