11-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #105
whoosh
Higher than you
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
I did. You stated the following, which is quite catagorical. Perhaps you'd like to rephrase
Yes - if one purchases their car based solely on the car's performance, which I stipulate can only be determined using measured criteria, then how the car makes them feel shouldn't matter. And in fact, one would choose a minivan over a 930 targa if the van was of higher performance.

I also said "If you want a fun/sporting car, then the subjective qualities come into play", which I think is essentially your point. Someone who is willing to give up some performance in order to have an extra measure of feel/feedback/engagement/whatever with the car should certainly have the benefit of choice. It would be nice to be able to choose between DCT and stick, hydraulic and electric steering, A/C vs. none, leather and cloth, etc, etc, etc. Let those who care about that last bit get the hard-core car, while others get exactly what they want. Doesn't fit into any maker's business model though... Maybe Porsche to a certain extent, but then there's the 991 GT3...

Current: '15 M235iX | '15 Macan S | '00 Honda S2000
Notable Previous: '12 E92 335is | '10 STi | '88 E30 325iX
Appreciate 0