01-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
The M2 would be my 9th BMW and I am 44 years old (should have never sold my 2001 M Coupe in 2006, the only one I regret letting go - my favorite of all time). I am a BMWCCA and PCA member and I track my cars OFTEN. Sorry that I OWN a GT4 and Viper ACR-E that actually do what they were intended to do, and yes, an M2 inbound plus an i3, 535d, and VW GTI and others that I want for whatever reason. This is America - god bless it.

I will buy or lease whatever I want and I love the M2 if I go ahead on it as I passed on 2 other M2s at this dealer already do to how they were equipped; I have driven it at the dealer twice. Passed on an offered M4GTS at this dealer because just didn't fall in love with it and wanted someone else to have it - now some collector probably has it rotting for speculation or going to cars & coffee . . . . which is his or her right although it does hurt. You might also note my avatar, a 1976 R90/6 that is my baby and 5th BMW vintage motorcycle - I have had that one 12 years.

So general, that may not be enough street cred for you as you may be the "great BMW decider" or I may not qualify as an ENTHUSIAST in your mind, but I don't care. I was just asking the helpful M2 owners on this thread about the best approach for the business I own to lease or purchase me a car. My plan was to lease and then purchase at lease end. I needed the advice to help clear my head on the best way to acquire the vehicle - the above discussion has really helped. My gratitude to all for your time and advice.

If we met in person, I would like to think we would be friends. This is my first negative experience on BIMMERPOST in the 7+ years I have been on board. So I will chalk it up to a bad day. M3 Adjuster, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, truly. Hopefully we get to meet in person at a track and I can shake your hand. Right now the Viper is seeing the bulk of that duty, it is big, loud, white with a black and red stripe and the number 87 on the side of it. Please come say hello and I will buy you a beer after the event!

Walk on an M2 over a business deal?

I would absolutely do so .. but only Right after you finish mixing business with pleasure and buy an M2 because you *want the car *

After you pick up the M2 come give me a call and I'll give you your "enthusiast card " back .. it's been temporarily revoked !!
Appreciate 0