View Single Post
      01-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #14
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Lease terms on the M2 suck because BMW doesn't want to take depreciation risk to move these cars, fact is they don't have to take any risks to move them. There is a lot of discussion in the industry about captive lenders taking on depreciation risk given the flood of lease returns that they are expecting in the coming years. For the last few years the manufactures have been wiling to bet on higher residuals to make leasing more attractive but leasing has grown so much that they are now worried that when these cars come back there will be more cars than buyers resulting in a bit of a fire sale. BMW is one of those that has talked about reexamining their lease terms so it seems the M2 is one of those cases. I can't say I blame them, they can move these cars easily through regular sales and not take any risk at all plus its a low volume niche car so its not going to make or break them.

I was thinking I would lease if terms were similar to that of the M3 but as soon as I saw the residual they were offering I was out on a lease and just bought it. I agree with those above to suggest Penfed, they have a couple of desirable low interest options that are worth considering and have excellent customer service.
Appreciate 1