View Single Post
      01-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #43
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Yes, and although BMW and Porsche have different business models, I really wish BMW would make more hardcore cars like Porsche. BMW definitely has the engineering acumen and money, but mindset is just not there. They have no halo car currently, like Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Lexus, Porsche, Acura, etc, etc.

Something exotic which people aspire to... Even Chevy has the Z06, that while not a six figure priced car, the performance is legendary. And that ZR1 will be lunacy....

The M4 GTS and i8 are there, and I'm not knocking them (ok, maybe a little), but it doesn't speak to you like an R8 or Ford GT or AMG GTR or NSX or 918 (obviously).

I understand I may be taking out of my ass, but c'mon BMW, shock the automotive world or something. The current M lineup is good, but it's what is expected of BMW and nothing more.

The M2 is getting universal praise...great car. But now come out with an M2 version which makes people go

You know how a performance car garners total respect? When people who hate a particular brand even say, "OK, I don't like Porsche, but I really, really want that GT4RS!"

BMW needs THAT kind of car.

(Sorry for rant...been having a couple of DIPA)
Please don't take anything out of your ass
Appreciate 0