07-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #62
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtong View Post

Just finished the details, going to pick it up on Saturday! 11k miles one owner, 2014 C4S with PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM, Sport Exhaust, Power Sport Seats, Premium Package Plus, PDLS, Sunroof, etc etc. Checked almost all of the same boxes I would have if I were ordering it new.
I think you're going to be very happy if this is your DD.
It won't be as fun as a 6MT boxter, or possibly even the M2 in a 6MT, but it will be a great all around sports/GT car. And since it's a 4S, you won't have to worry up there in East texas the few times the roads ice over in the winter.

Regarding quality issues you mentioned in the longer post you wrote, many non Porsche people still have this misconception. Porsche reached a low point with the 996, but then worked very hard to fix things with the 997.1, which they did. By the time the 997.2 rolled out, all the IMS issues with the .1 had been worked out and Consumer Reports had started ranking the 997.2 as one of the most reliable sports you could buy.
That had already long been the case with Porsche's mid engine cars-- the cayman and boxter, which both had been rated extremely highly for reliability on consumer reports.

Admittedly, I don't know much of anything about the reliability of the 991's
Appreciate 0