I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
I made no changes, but still got bumped. I started at wk35, got pushed to wk37 2 weeks later, and then today I get moved forward to wk33.

For the record, mine is LBB, Exec, Apple, MT, no moonroof.
Mine is identical except I skipped Carplay, which has no meaningful consequence on the installed hardware now. (They install the same hardware either way, Carplay is just a software option and you can add it later through the "ConnectedDrive" store apparently.)

I've been week 37 every time I've asked anyone, and that includes the original appointment with the dealer where they configured the build for me. so who knows what makes them change things. From watching "How It's Made" on Science channel, I know that the German car plants purposefully shuffle stuff around so workers don't get bored - they don't want every 2er coming down the line to be identical, they purposefully rearrange builds to keep things interesting. I'd be willing to bet a case of beer that the factory never builds two M2s back-to-back. Desire for variation might be some of why they are juggling dates...
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0