mitoda
Private
Rep
Drives: WRX 11' - M2 LBB MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2 View Post
if you did a Stage 1 tune with the Cobb Accessport on the STI, it will be faster than the M2, for about 1K.
No. Not even close.

Quote:
Subies are super reliable
No. The EJ257 fails at an incredibly alarming rate. Subaru acknowledges the rod bearing and piston issues with the motor. They stock shortblocks all over the country for a reason.

Quote:
Have had the same engine since about '10.
No. While the turbo was changed, it's had the same engine since its introduction as a 2004.

That post was all kinds of wrong.
+1

I currently have 11 wrx, engine rod failure at 56000 stage 2, voided warranty so 11k later, I now converted it my dd.
Like Matt Farrah stated on his podcast no mater how much money you drop on upgrades, it always feels the same, cannot agree more!
My fantasy is to put a torque converter since the clutch is hard as hell.

M2 and STI are completely different cars. The M2 is a much more refined machine, better place to be overall. I would like it to be a hair more raw in my opinion, but love it so fair, makes me giggle every time.

The STI and wrx are just not dynamically exciting, their chassis don't teach you anything about car dynamics, other than understeer.
Power and sound good but gets boring quite easily.

If weather is concerning, just put winter tires on the M2 and you'll be fine unless there is more than a foot of snow.

STI are in serious need of stepping up the game, this engine needs to die. Horrible economy and poor reliability.
Appreciate 0