08-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #106
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
Guys, these are not quad exhausts. They're dual mufflers with twin tips per muff. It's dual exhaust. Get it right or don't say it.

Lastly, the M2 better have at least 385hp because it is nearly as heavy as the old M3 and that car barely did 0-60 mph in. 4.4 sec with 414 hp. Carry over the 235's AWD and it'll be a mid 4 sec machine for sure. We tested a few 235's in the desert in Palm springs at a elevation of 115' with cool 62* air and low DA. We were a little disappointed with our 5.1 sec runs but then recalled that the 235 is nearly 100 lbs more than the 135 was. This typical of what most drivers in low elevations in cool air climates with low humidity will see. Low elevation-high humidity warmer temps >> (above 80*),will see performance suffer. As for high altitude and hot desert climates, I would not even waste the $$ on a performance car in these climes, or in hot humid places like from S. Carolina all the way around south coast to Texas, way to hot and humid.
I totally understand what you are saying but again the emphasis is still more power and everyone they have just accepted that the cars will get heavier. BMW needs to drop the weight and fluff. Yes you can add more power to compensate for the weight and you will get the same or faster 0-60 but handling, feel and braking deteriorates! They have 5000 lb SUVs that get great 0-60 times. We need to stop bandaid-ing bloat with more power. Stop putting so much crap and build a focused hard core model that is truly lighter weight and it will go great with 350hp. or even 320hp! If you took the stock M235i motor and put some real sound on it but took 400 lbs off the car, it would be a monster at 3100-3200 lbs! That's my 2 cents!
Appreciate 0