12-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #38
damnitBobby
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
I am so sorry to hear that.

Given the fact those trashes plan to key cars that are looking nice.
This will probably reduce the chance...

I know it could be very incovenient to do the job everytime you are parking somewhere outside of your house garage. But could be a cheap prevention

This would attract even more attention. Imagine a car at the back of a parking lot with a car cover over it. Curiosity will strike just about everyone and you'll have people sneak a peak of what's underneath. And once they find out well... you've accomplished absolutely nothing then.

I've had my car keyed before. Honestly there's really nothing you can do about it except to follow a few simple rules to decrease the likelihood of it occurring. In general always park furthest in the back, but don't park over lines taking up two spaces like a douche. Avoid high foot traffic areas (like sidewalks where someone could just walk by and throw their Dr Pepper on your car). It's usually the hoodlums or some young degenerate that engages in these activities. So if you know you are going somewhere where you're likely to encounter this species (e.g. the mall), avoid taking your M and take your beater or someone else's less flashy car.
Appreciate 3
bobert858.50
Ian ///M491.00
rich8566608.50