View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #179
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyy View Post
Hey there, first of all thank you so much for answering all of our questions! you already helped a lot here.

I will take delivery of my car in Germany in the beginning of april, about one week after beeing finished at the factory. I plan to do full Suntek PPF right after taking delivery but now read several times about the paint needing to dry out completely. Does this mean i should wait for some more weeks before getting my PPF attached? What could happen if not?

Thank you so much for helping here
If car is brand new straight from factory then no need to wait. Here is a FAQ from a premier PPF shop in Vegas.

What should I consider when installing film on repainted surfaces?
Repainted surfaces can be a touchy subject as it is not as durable as the factory finish. Factory finishes are baked onto the surface at 350+ degrees which allows a much harder surface and better cohesion bond. Repainted surfaces can be baked only at 150 degrees to prevent damage to the vehicles components and therefore the surface can be more susceptible to lifting, however, if it is a quality job then the burden of concern should not be so much.
Appreciate 0