Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
By the letter of the rules only a "complete" ZL9-package car would classify for AS. If you just take a regular M2 and put on the MP coilovers you'd got to STU.

To put a regular M2 into AS you would need to do a complete package conversion, with exceptions for "comfort and convenience" items. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that though...
Has the SEB specifically stated that adding the MPE Coilovers will put the M2 into STU? I ask b/c the exhaust is cat back and wouldn't move us out of BS which leaves the seats and air conditioner controls that are "comfort and convenience" items, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoxtoomuch View Post
First post, long time lurker.

Are you talking about a new rule?

Port installed options are legal in Street. This is what caused the FRS/BRZ dilemma with the TRD option suspension. Same with the protested Mini in STX with a boost altering option (I heard at least).

Section 12: "An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Port-installed options provided by the manufacturer are considered to be the same as those installed on the factory production line. Dealer-installed options or deletions (except as required by factory directives), no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. This definition does not allow the updating or backdating of parts."

As the rule is currently written, any/all port installed options are considered standard parts and are therefore legal in Street regardless of their performance impact. If the coilovers were port installed (I think they are dealer installed), they would be legal.

This specific rule is an advantage imported vehicles have over domestics.
If this is correct then why is the ZCP in AS and why would a non-ZCP bump out of BS or if bumped why not to AS?
Appreciate 0