View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 05:59 AM   #6
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
This may be a stupid question, but what's the best method to remove the backing on the tape while keeping everything perfectly placed? I have the BMW CF spoiler and will install it this weekend. There's clearly something going on with the backing, as it's in different colors (blue and red if memory serves) and some of it sticks out. I can only assume there's a document for what to pull when but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone shed any light?

edit: I googled spoiler installation and apparently there's no magic to the adhesive. it's just mark it, remove the backing and stick it on. I was thinking there was some special sanctioned method. For anyone else wondering in the future, I think the best method I saw was to lay it out where it needs to go and then put a few pieces of painters tape on the forward/leading edge. then just pivot up using the tape as a hinge, remove the backing, and lay it back down. Actually looks pretty simple....
Mark the previous spoiler before you take it off so you can place it in the exact same spot. Position it based on the back and sides of the previous spoiler, since the CF spoiler has a slightly larger footprint.
Appreciate 0