12-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #84
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
The mere statement that so many people are waiting for prices to drop is exactly why they don't. Unless you have an excess flipper situation as with the the gt3rs, it will continue. Exactly like the 991.1 gt3, so many people want to buy one, supply is limited, it supports the prices.
Waiting won't ameliorate the situation. Unless BMW suddenly builds more cars. No sign of that happening. Go buy an e92, one of the crappiest of the small m cars for many reasons. You wonder why they're cheap? I don't.
I'm so amused by all the posts lamenting the high secondary prices. The market has spoken. There is a reason.
I don't agree completely. It always boils down to supply and demand and the GT3 has certainly been a prime example of that. However, there are now A LOT of them on the used market and just because the asking prices are high, does not mean the selling prices are also. Look how long some of them have been on the market. I bet many of them are just feeling out the market. If you own a GT3, then that is most likely your 3rd or 4th car and you can afford to buy a new one. So why not list yours and see if it sells for a ridiculous amount. I doubt that many sell for that much. Who in their right mind would pay $135k for a used one, when you can buy a new one for $145k?

Yes, they have been phenomenal regarding their value retention, but they will go through the exact same thing the M2 is starting to go through, especially since the 991.2 can now be had with MT.
Appreciate 0