Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagdingbrob View Post
I placed an order a couple months ago at a dealer that claimed to have an allocation for a 2018 M2. They provided a pdf that had a production number and an order status of 111. I had initially thought this was W36 from the document.

I recently called the Genius line to get my build week, but they didn't have the production number in the system. They recommended talking to the dealer.

The dealer said this is expected since the production number isn't in the system. They also claimed that my allocation didn't have a build week since they don't have build weeks for allocations in the past couple months due to the year model switch.

Is this situation possible?

I'll call the Genius line again tomorrow to see if they consider this possible...
Not everything works as smoothly as you would hope. Until the car is delivered and the keys are handed to you will get different information from the different sources. In fact, the BMW web site said my car was still waiting for a ship for weeks after I had taken delivery. I had one instance where the Genius line told me one thing and the SA another. He checked again and found the same information. So what he saw in the morning was updated by the afternoon. Trust you SA and go by what he has unless you have reason to believe they are jerking you around.

Check the pictures in my build timeline those are screen shots. If that is what you have a PDF of your good.
  • 047 = order bank (aka dealer order request)
  • 111 = allocation assigned to order (aka order accepted), should have production number and ETA build week
  • 150 = VIN assigned
Appreciate 0