View Single Post
      07-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagdingbrob View Post
I placed an order a couple months ago at a dealer that claimed to have an allocation for a 2018 M2. They provided a pdf that had a production number and an order status of 111. I had initially thought this was W36 from the document.

I recently called the Genius line to get my build week, but they didn't have the production number in the system. They recommended talking to the dealer.

The dealer said this is expected since the production number isn't in the system. They also claimed that my allocation didn't have a build week since they don't have build weeks for allocations in the past couple months due to the year model switch.

Is this situation possible?

I'll call the Genius line again tomorrow to see if they consider this possible...
The Genius line should have the status information from the dealer within a day. If the production number is not in the system then you don't have a production number since they get it from the system. There are dozens of examples on this forum where people, myself included, have a build week for MY18. Now, if you have a status 111 or even 112, your build week is subject to change. BUT, you should still have a build week if you are status 111.

My CA didn't confirm my allocation until I was status 111 with a build week. It's been 2 months, your CA should be able to provide you with your build sheet with the production status and build week indicated on the top of the form. If they can't, maybe call some other dealers for an allocation just in case.

What is your build?

Instagram: @Capt_and
Appreciate 0