BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Damn. This is the first time I hear about such a thing.

Will have to take a look when installing mine, but ran it for 1.5 years with no problems.
Most people have shops install their stuff, in my experience shops don’t care and just make things “fit”...so the customer never knows.

It was pretty frustrating mating the Akrapovic Exhaust to the downpipe...since the lip isn’t big enough, when tightening the clamp it’s almost impossible to have the two touch each other with a perfect seal.

Having only one bracket fit isn’t a big deal but you’d expect it to, so obviously that shows the quality of their products.

As for it touching the coolant line or whatever that metal line is (that’s the reason most downpipes including stock have a dent on the side where it mates to the turbo), I tried to slide a piece of paper in between and it wouldn’t go through this shows there isn’t a gap. As I mentioned, the ER logo welds broke, the logo is also on top of the dent, I noticed the logo plate raised slightly up so perhaps that’s what is touching the line.

It’s working however, as it’s still on my car haha. But if you were buying a new downpipe I suggest you look elsewhere.
I'm trying to figure out whether that small vibration I had in the steering wheel when cold starting was due to the ER DP.

Your explanation about the dent on the DP and the gap could be the reason to that vibration.

I bought the ER because everyone on the forums crowned them as the best for when aiming for 600+ bhp, so thought might as well get it, and it hasn't given me any issue besides being the possible cause for the steering rattle.

Given that you're unhappy with the ER, you obviously must have another DP purchase about to happen, which DP are you planning in getting?