BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
How does the ER have terrible fitment? I have an ER DP from my 435i ready to install once I finish breaking the car in.

My friend has an ER DP installed on his M2 and nothing wrong with it.

I'm weirded out because another friend with an M2 faced some issues installing his Wagner DP on his M2 after removing it from his M235i.

So can you please clarify that a bit?
Copied from another post of mine:

Don't get ER, terrible fitment (even though I have it lol). The downpipe basically touches the coolant line that's near the turbo outlet. The ER logo plate welds have cracked, it's currently held by one "spot" weld of the total 4 that hold it. Also, the 2 stock brackets that hold the stock downpipe, only one of them fits the ER (even though it's supposed to have both), the second one doesn't line up. ALSO, the side that attaches to the catback is so small, the lip/curve isn't large enough so you really need to clamp it down and TRIPLE check there are no gaps or it just pops off...

Honestly, in my experience ER products suck. Poor quality and fitment. I've had their intercooler and charge pipes as well. Charge pipes were probably the "best" of their products but still meh better options out there.

Many other choices in regards to downpipes!
Damn. This is the first time I hear about such a thing.

Will have to take a look when installing mine, but ran it for 1.5 years with no problems.