View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #84
diesekte
Rep
Drives: E30

I messaged them. It actually is not possible to fit. If I could get it on there with slight modification, it would still imo be unacceptable but at least another option. The flange is too thick and will not bolt down whatsoever. The stock pipe went back on in less than 5 mins and the vband closed with just hand pressure. This is absolutely an additional design flaw, unrelated to the fact the dent is missing (not sure how important that is tbh), and the fact the brackets don't line up. If you rotate the stock pipe you can find kind of a sweet spot, where everything lined up and the mating surfaces are flat as well. The fabspeed pipe does not have that spot. Even at best it seems like part of the mating surface doesn't sit flat, or the O2 sensors are banging into something, or the brackets are a mile apart - at no point do things seem harmonious.

I'm sure things will get sorted but I would strongly advise anyone against ordering until fabspeed is able to definitely state they have fixed the supply chain/design/whatever problem and can absolutely guarantee it won't happen again, and/or have removed all effected product.

Again, I'm less peeved about waiting 2 weeks to get the part and more about wasting an entire evening/night on something that never should've passed QC in the first place.

Last edited by diesekte; 05-24-2018 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50