View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 09:45 PM   #76
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesekte View Post
Any tips on getting this fitted easily? It is a royal ball ache to get the front vband flange on...basically it will NOT go on, and I can't get everything to line up. I think I have one of the "bad" ones as I don't have a dent in the top and the bracket doesn't line up either. I've done way more ambitious projects way easier...I hate to just blame the product but this straight up does not fit well at all
I found that it was important to get the left side on first, and then the right, sort of starting at the top. When you've got it on correctly, you probably won't be able to put the bolt through the bottom because it will be too far apart. You'll need to use something like channel lock pliers to pull the two sides together and then the bolt should slide through.

I don't deny that it's annoying, because you're effectively doing this with one hand, and supporting the DP with the other.

Don't screw the bracket on until you've got the clamps on loosely top and bottom. It's tempting to do that to take the weight, but I wouldn't do that even if it did line up perfectly.

Can you post a picture of the top of the DP. If it's cast aluminium, then you might be affected. If it's not a cast piece, then you're probably have one that's new old stock.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0