View Single Post
      12-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #15
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
If you want to cut faster. Do steady state cardio fasted.

I’ve always been surprised at the comments around people losing size fasting. I think that applies really to muscle monsters cause of the amount of nutrition they need.
You certainly can lose size fasting. A lot of that weight would be water and glycogen (including intestinal bulk), however. Decreased workout intensity, and consequently, inadequate muscle stimulation when weight training, for example, could be a factor that could contribute to losing lean body mass when cutting on intermittent fasting.

I think too many people overestimate the difficulty in losing lean body tissue. You would need to go through periods of long term starvation (e.g., 72+ hour fasts), or very long, continuous states of high physical activity (e.g., marathons) for your body to use lean muscle tissue for energy. Short term activities (eg., steady state cardio for 45 minutes) will not burn muscle tissue, if the calories are in a controlled deficit.

People who claim to lose "a lot of mass" when dieting and implementing high intensity cardio, low intensity cardio, intermittent fasting, low carbs, etc., had very little lean body mass to start with. They seriously underestimated how much body fat they actually had, and are shocked while cutting when they realize how little lean body mass they had. If your body is using a considerable amount of lean body tissue for energy, trust me, you'll know it. "Bodybuilders," found in your local gym and otherwise, who claim, "jogging/sprinting burns muscle bro!" are highly incorrect and highly lazy as fuck, and use that as an excuse to do less.
Appreciate 1