United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaflak View Post
Hi All,

For the past year, i have been 'that guy' who reads in the dark and nobody even knows that he's there. Well iv'e finally created an account and this is my first post.

Last December, i put myself on the waiting list at Sylvania BMW (Sydney) for the M2. Literally, last December and it arrives in 2 or so weeks (already docked at Port Kembla ). I'm upgrading from a Hyundai i30 (I know right, so much for baby steps). Great news is, it was an early July build, therefore an LCI

Every day, i have watched videos, reviews, read forums, etc.. I have only ever seen the M2 about 7-8 times on the road and yet to hear it roar (i have heard the Cold Start though - WOW!)

The question that i have today - what's the overall driving experience like during the break-in? Will i still feel a fair bit of power? Looking for your experiences and answers, without the obvious "It'll still be much quicker than the i30" I do drive my brother's Audi SQ5 a fair bit, however i know that this is quicker by about 1 second (which is heaps in car language)

On another note - video's do no justice for volume. Is it really loud? And will i hear much of it during the break-in?

Incase you're interested - Long Beach Blue, Sun-Roof, Heated Seats (no longer standard with the LCI)

Thanks guys!
Congrats on the M. I hate to be one of those guys, but here it goes: don't do what anyone here says. Read the owners manual which you can read online now. Break in the M2 exactly how BMW says to do it in the manual. I know I'll get stoned by folks on this board for my comments on this subject, but do yourself a favor - do it like BMW says to do it. Don't listen to anything else.
Attached Images