01-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #60
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
As I said before, the person camping out in the left lane is inciting an incident rather than just moving over. So with your logic, they're the first person to "start it". I've observed many times a driver just move over to the left lane with a large clear lane already in front of them in the through lanes. Then just camp out there. Not passing anyone. Just camped there. Per many state laws and driver's ed (which is a joke here) about passing on the left, you have no choice but to pass on the right.

I observed said behavior yesterday on a drive up to NYC. On the Jersey Turnpike, some idiot moved from the right to the middle and the left lane when there were no cars ahead of him for at least a mile. When this genius made the move, there were two cars moving at about 15 to 20 MPH faster than this idiot passing on the left. The lead car had to literally jam on his brakes because the abrupt lane change and slower speed. As we all passed the speed bump, I was driving in the middle lane, he stayed firmly camped out there driving about to to 10 MPH below the general flow of traffic. Didn't matter people were blowing by him on the right.
Thank you. Idiots like yours (and mine described above) kill people. This is demonstrated by statistics. I, for one, am not going to ignore or be passive (pun intended?) around dolts like these.

JamesNoBrakes , I have a question for you: Have you ever ridden a motorcycle on public roads? I don't want to assume ... but riding changes your outlook on these folks because when you're on a bike, this kind of behavior is among the things that frightens you the most. One innocent good driver slamming on his brakes to avoid rear-ending one of these devil-may-care low-lifes can send a motorcycle rider over the handlebars and straight to the morgue.
Appreciate 2
VRG_135836.50
zx10guy5149.50