Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
Why would that be? Nothing there that the M3 doesn't already have or could have without much expense and it costs $62k. I'd be happy with a few less luxury features to trim costs...

This is your wishlist?:

"gimme an N55. 350hp. 3100 pounds. 6 speed. navigation and bluetooth. some leather. don't care about anything else. i want it for $55k."

Sounds like you'd be perfectly happy with a slightly massaged M235i as far as I can see - no point in a separate model for that (just get the ECU very mildly flashed and a few weight saving pieces)...
if it's an M car, LSD will be standard and there's no need to mention it at all. The N55 M2 is already in testing so not sure why some of you are talking about engines....it is decided. I have no interest for the M235i as i prefer my 135is for its less weight, more rawness, and rowdiness! I am, however, very interested in a more focused and engineered M2. Hopefully some M3 components (suspension, steering, and axles) will sneak in there like they did into the 1M.

i would not be surprised if they do the limited edition thing again....because it generates a lot of hype for the "M" brand and excitement. It sucks that it creates that whole mess of not being able to get one.....i know because i was not able to get an allocation for a 1M when i wanted one.....after i turned one down when i wasn't sure about it (slaps forehead).

Last edited by IEDEI; 03-21-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0