05-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Thespaz18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18 View Post
Long story short, some f***** smashed my passenger side window and stole a laptop and radar detector from my car (pics added).

Anyway, I'm having the window replaced and the shop had to take the door off in order to get all the broken glass out, but some still remains. I've been opening and shutting the passenger side door continuously listening to glass pinball down through the door to the bottom.

This is where I wonder if the shop jacked something up or if I'm losing my marbles. With the car locked, I have the key in pocket, slide my hand into the handle, and I hear a click come from somewhere near the gas tank while the door simultaneously unlocks. However, if I slide my hand back in the handle with the door already unlocked, I hear the click again. Time after time I hear his click. When I do the same thing on the drivers side, I hear no click.

Can someone else test this to see if hey experience the same thing? The car is going back to the shop tomorrow and I want to let them know something is wrong. Thanks.
Pics of the damage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0