Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
You're probably right.

Just to update this thread...

I've now spoken to this owner. He isn't flexible on the price... it's $800/month, 35 months remaining, or someone can buy out the lease and reimburse him his deposit.

As others have suggested, I'm going to wait for my order. I think, while options don't typically retain their value, if I end up getting an M2 with a sunroof, first, I and even more so my wife will enjoy having a moonroof on the car, and 2nd, being they didn't offer a moonroof in '16 and '17 M2's, it'll make my M2 somewhat more rare. I would imagine not too many M2's will be around with the moonroof.

It's also a lot easier to add MPE and carbon fiber bits then to add a moonroof.

And, while I'd love to have the performance exhaust, I wouln't spend $3k for it! I think I'll enjoy the moonroof, for a grand, more then I would the performance exhaust!

Oh well.. now... where was I?

Oh yea.... 3 months.... 15 days.... 6 hours.......
I think you made the right decision. You can also go for an aftermarket exhaust. The MPE is nice and looks cool, but there are just as nice or better aftermarket exhaust for sale IMO. I had the MPE on my M235i and it was nice, but I then added a Dinan exhaust, and it sounded better. The Dinan exhaust on the M2 is also cheaper than the MPE, although it is just a axleback.

If I decide get a exhaust for my upcoming M2, it will be the Dinan with the resonator delete. I agree on the moonroof. You don't want to add it later, it's better getting it from the factory. I'm really glad that BMW of North America finally added it as an option.
Appreciate 0