View Single Post
      01-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #12
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I suspect a better deal can be worked out with this guy, if you really want the performance options then it might be worth trying to work out a better deal but as a general rule of thumb the value of the car does not change based on aftermarket mods regardless of how much the owner paid for them. Probably best to just go the new route.
You're probably right.

Just to update this thread...

I've now spoken to this owner. He isn't flexible on the price... it's $800/month, 35 months remaining, or someone can buy out the lease and reimburse him his deposit.

As others have suggested, I'm going to wait for my order. I think, while options don't typically retain their value, if I end up getting an M2 with a sunroof, first, I and even more so my wife will enjoy having a moonroof on the car, and 2nd, being they didn't offer a moonroof in '16 and '17 M2's, it'll make my M2 somewhat more rare. I would imagine not too many M2's will be around with the moonroof.

It's also a lot easier to add MPE and carbon fiber bits then to add a moonroof.

And, while I'd love to have the performance exhaust, I wouln't spend $3k for it! I think I'll enjoy the moonroof, for a grand, more then I would the performance exhaust!

Oh well.. now... where was I?

Oh yea.... 3 months.... 15 days.... 6 hours.......
Appreciate 1
Spa2k1194.00