View Single Post
      01-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
Haven't spoken to him yet, but I did look him up, and he's a BMW employee/saleman? at a new BMW dealership.

He's adding a $3k M Performance Exhaust, $1,500 carbon fiber exhaust tips
and losing the moonroof, for an extra $900... but I hear what you're saying, you don't get extras back in the resale.

The car only has 600 miles on it, but I'd guess that when the time comes to sell it, having to say it's a 2 owner car, rather then a one owner car would probably bring the value down. I'd also lose the included service, for whatever that's worth.

I wouldn't do it unless you personally know this person so you are pretty sure they are not selling you a car with problems or one they ran hard while cold. You're not saving money or barely saving money and losing the moonroof which seems like you want. You can always ADD the MPE and tips but you can't add a moonroof later, but of course it will cost you. I guess if you only plan to keep it a short time yourself maybe you don't care much if they beat on the car carelessly or not because by the time there are real problems you will have sold it?

I think you should get the car as you want, with the moonroof and you will be single owner knowing the history of the car.
Appreciate 0