View Single Post
      01-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
I saw that car on Swapalease.com. Thought it really odd that he wants out after only 1 month. Did he say why?
Haven't spoken to him yet, but I did look him up, and he's a BMW employee/saleman? at a new BMW dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaalrasha View Post
I wouldn't buy a used car more expensive than the new, even with all the MPerformance bits... Too many unknowns and price doesn't help IMHO.
He's adding a $3k M Performance Exhaust, $1,500 carbon fiber exhaust tips
and losing the moonroof, for an extra $900... but I hear what you're saying, you don't get extras back in the resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Virtually all of those extras added to the car will get you next to nothing when you resell or trade in the car, so I wouldn't be calculating my "few thousand dollars of equity already built in" if I were you. If you really want that stuff, and you plan to keep the car a long time, then it is no big deal, but we are talking fluff here.
The car only has 600 miles on it, but I'd guess that when the time comes to sell it, having to say it's a 2 owner car, rather then a one owner car would probably bring the value down. I'd also lose the included service, for whatever that's worth.
Appreciate 0