View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 09:06 PM   #12
inlin36
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2, BMW E36 328iS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Need to keep in mind the suspension philosophy that BMW went with on these cars - undersprung and overdampened. They run really soft springs to provide better ride quality but then have to use the dampers to help compensate for the lack of spring rate to control the body. This creates the harshness or crashiness a lot of people report with the F87 while also not being the best at controlling the lean. This could be a big part of the issue. Also need to check the alignment and make sure all is sorted properly there.
Yep that's how it seems, that the suspension setup is inherently deficient from the factory. I've had cars with overdue alignments before, however this doesn't feel as simple as that. I will get a new alignment anyway just to see, but I think It's best I move over to an aftermarket coilover system soon. I'm quite surprised I didn't see more of this complaint when I watched and read a million reviews of the car before I bought it.

The car feels fine when you drive it about the speed limit and maybe even a little more than that, but once you start getting near the limit, it is underwhelming handling-wise for being an M to be honest.
Appreciate 0