View Single Post
      10-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

Dirtboy's 6th BMW

First off, a little introduction. I'm a freshly retired U.S. Air Force heavy equipment operator (bulldozers, loaders, graders, dump trucks, anything that moves dirt), hence the username Dirtboy. I've spent the majority of my enlistment stationed in Germany; just over 12 years. I hope to move back someday; miss the Ring really really bad!

So I just took delivery of my 2018 LBB M2 and I thought I'd type something up to chronicle my BMW ownership through the years.

It started in 2002 when I took delivery of a brand new 330Ci while I was stationed in Germany. It came with the M Sport Package II that included cloth/alcantera seats.

Needless to say, I still have this car and it's been modded with an ESS twin-screw supercharger, Schrick cams, Technik/SuperSprint/Eisenmann exhaust, Brembo's, Bilstien's, BBS, and other stuff. It had 3 miles on the clock when I got it and now it's just over 84k.

Next BMW up was the family truckster- a 2007 X3 3.0si.

I didn't do anything to this car except throw on some BBS CH rims, which I still have.

The third BMW up was my euro-spec E30 325i.

While I was still stationed in Germany, I did a full restoration on this car. I then imported it when I got stationed in Las Vegas. It followed me to Dallas when I retired from the Air Force. Unfortunately I had to sell the e30 in order to get the M2. I'm still a bit depressed about that...

The fourth BMW was a 2012 328i.

We needed a replacement family car for the X3. The 328i was almost a lemon car so we didn't keep it long.

The fifth BMW was the M235i. It replaced the 328i.

Loved that car! It's the car that actually got me interested in getting the M2. I added some M Performance parts to it. I was about to go with Dinan go-fast parts, but I decided to start shopping for an M2 instead.

That brings me to today, when I picked up the sixth BMW.

I was quite lucky ordering this car. I put my order in on August 12th, the same day I sold the E30, and got a production number September 8th. Fast forward to today and I'm driving it.

I'm still waiting for the MPE and CF spoiler to come in to get them installed. But in the meantime, some light modding has started.

And there are still parts waiting to be installed as well.

I'll keep this thread updated as I add more goodies to the M2. For now, I'm gonna go drive some more to get to the break-in service faster!

Last edited by Dirtboy; 11-18-2017 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 12
bobert858.50
JB330Ci55.00
atxsk8r1569.50
Robin_NL8717.00
///Cardia299.50
eleniki69.00
HODLM363.50