View Single Post
      06-07-2017, 05:03 AM   #1
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Week 24

Just had a call from my dealer here in the UK, my car is going into production next week.

Seems as though I have been a little bit unlucky and missed the LCI by about two weeks. Week 24 is between June 12-18.

I did ask if the build could be delayed for a few weeks to ensure the LCI, but apparently not. Not sure how I feel about it really. I am sure the Sales Advisor did all he can do provide me with an LCI car, but his efforts didn't appear to be enough.

I actually prefer the pre-LCI headlamps and tail lights, but I do like the LCI cluster more than the pre-LCI. The minor interior changes are not really a deal breaker either, its not as if I am going to be staring at the passenger side dash or glove compartment while I am driving the car!

Seems as though retrofitting the cluster might be an option, but then there might be issues with tamper warnings and incorrect service info being displayed.

Not so fussed about the iDrive screen being a bit bigger and touch screen, can upgrade the iDrive to verison 6 Lite easily.

If I cancel, its going to be another 8-12 month wait and I really cant see me waiting that period once again.

What would you do, cancel and wait even longer, or just enjoy the car?
Appreciate 0