Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Wow, a bunch of smarty pants. Thanks for the pointers, but thats not the point here. Its an option available on cars half the price of ours. I don't need a navigation, I could read a map prior or stick my iphone on my windhield; I don't need a rear camera or pdc, I could use my eyes and even take my head out the window when i have to back up to something real close. I don't need a heated steering wheel, I could wear gloves when I first start my cold car. I do not need tpms to display when I have a low tire, I have psi measurer that I could use to check my tires every couple weeks. I don't need brake assist, I don't need lane departure warning, its called paying attenntion while driving. Guess what thats what I did on my bare bones stock E92 with manual leatherette seats for 9 years. So you definitely missed my point here. You pay $57,000 for a car, it'be nice to have an option thats standard on $20,000 cars. Maybe a parent or gf or a close friend would need to borrow the car sometime and it could benefit them more than some of us.
You are comparing apples to oranges. The needs of someone buying a $20K car and I wouldn't even say $20K car. I would say normal sedan b/c I would expect similar options in a $20K sedan and the BMW 3 series vs. the person buying a M car who has a completely different sets of priorities, one of which if we look at the options you see as optional should also include the deletion of blind spot detection.

The $57K is buying you the 370HP engine, mongo size bushing, sport tires, etc. not things like blind spot detection. If it was included then the price would be $58K for an option that if we are like you would not want and be upset that we had to pay for it. So maybe BMW got that one right.

I don't know and maybe others do but my guess as to why we even have lane departure, brake assist and probably even TPMS are to placate the insurance industry and b/c they are, again guessing, the 3 top reasons people get into accidents? Which is reinforced by the number of people that have been pleasantly surprised by their insurance rates for this car.
Appreciate 0