Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
Ugh that's terrible news. Those are what came stock on the B7 Audi RS4 and they always made the car feel way more nervous vs the Bridgestone RE-01R and RE-11 that have been in the car since I destroyed those during a day of auto x classes doing probably 30 or so runs that one morning lol. I've also Never had good luck with Continental tires in regards to getting flats and things like that, they just never seemed to be right for me.
That was like 7 years ago, right? The compound and other various stuff has been changed since then and the M2 tires are "star-spec." Tread design and depth, compound, etc. are likely different to normal or another manufacturer-specific CSC3 tire.

BMW has done this in the past, so no news here. Only ca. 60 % of M5/M6's come with Michelin rubber, for instance. It is kind of unfair from them as they are always boasting about model-exclusive Michelin tires (nothing unusual for OEMs to do) and then silently adding a new factory tire after one model year, though I bet it's just a matter of supply and demand.

As of MY2016, they also put Continentals on non-ZCP M3/M4's with 19" wheels. 18inchers and Comp packs have Michelins. However, those are ContiSportContact 5P's.

Now, why the old Contact 3's for M2? Why not Contact 5P or even the newest Contact 6 (on par, if not better, than PSS)? I guess they haven't finished developing the tires for BMW.

By the way, I don't know if anyone knows this, but in ETK there are two OEM tires for the M2 - PSS and Cup 2... Could this be a hint of what's to come in the near future?

P. S.: Y'all mad about Contis, but there are people on this forum who have got much worse tires on their modified M's.
What sizes for the Cup2 ?

And yes that does sound like CS equipment
Appreciate 0