Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f32guy View Post
I have yet to make my purchase, but I was very close to pulling the trigger on a 428i. The 428i comes pretty loaded it is a 2014 , in 6MT at the dealer that is the last one left. It comes with Driver Ast Package, Navi w/ Touchpad, M Sport, M Sport Brakes, Full LED, Premium Package + Black Leather. Now the MSRP is 52k on this and my dealer is giving me 45k invoiced... I found that to be a pretty good deal considering the options that it had come with. I've seen the 235i and it looks real good, sat in it and was quite comfy. I'm OK with a two seater, but I'm about 6'0. 170 lbs. The price for a new built 2015 235i would come out to be around the same price mark, plus the additional power. For me, I'm driving to work as a commuter, but also would love to enjoy the fun of a BMW. This wouuld be my first BMW purchase and I don't want any regrets. I like the look of a 4, but the 2 is also pretty aggressive looking. I know this may be Bias posting in 2addicts, but wanted to get some input... again, please give an honest opinion as to why you got a 2, and maybe it can help sway me to getting one. I was looking to go back to the dealer this week to talk more and see if he can budge any lower.
Well the 2 is going to be MUCH MUCH faster if that is important to you. It will also handle better.

Back seats in the 2 are not much worse than 4 with the exception of about an inch of headroom.

Front seats in the 2 are great, you ont have any problems. From up there is there almost no difference between 2 and 4.

4 is actually fairly large, 2 is much easier to drive in city and park etc.

The deal you are getting on the 4 sounds pretty good. for 42 grand your 2 will be bone stock. Which is even stocker than a 4 comes. As a daily commuter you need to decide if these options are important to you.

Mileage on the M235i will be comparable to 428i when you factor the extra weight and drag etc.

Resale would probably be better on the 2 just because in my experience options don't factor well into the price where a trim level does.

I cross shopped mine with a 435i, the 2 came 15 grand cheaper with what i wanted. Easy decision. I don't want my friends that comfortable in the back seat anyways asking for rides and shit.

You will be happy either way, but you need to decide what is important to you.

Appreciate 0