View Single Post
      11-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #108
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangofreshh View Post
Okay, so according to you the whole bmwusa website could be a hoax?

Like, every other statistical number on the bmwusa website that has hp ratings, mpg etc is wrong? And if you are saying just the closed deck fact is wrong on their website, where did they even get that information from to put that? They had to have got that closed deck information somewhere from Germany. I'm sure a company like BMW wouldn't "guess." And there's a huge picture of an engine and explaining its a closed deck on their site.

Honestly what are the odds, BMWUSA got that wrong?

And that's not even counting the possible legal issues they could deal with if they are wrong.
Here are some more actual discrepancies with the website/BMW NA/BMW material:
1, BMW USA website has listed rebates wrongly on cars (usually 500$) many times. Happened with the M235i as well. I am not sure if they can do that legally either.
2, BMW NA told me that all cars go through the same Customs process. This is also not true as a small percentage of cars are randomly chosen to get a thorough customs inspection.
3, The screenshots from Artemis also show very blatant and honestly pathetic errors about the BMW 1M. Do you believe that the BMW 1M is actually an M3 or has a V8 engine ?? If you want to believe that, I have a few magic beans that I am selling.

The third point above is from the actual owner's manual. If there are no legal repercussions there, I am not sure exactly what legal repercussions they can face by having something wrongly identified on their website.

I think it's important to think logically about what is possible and what is not. I know with a high degree of certainty that the 2014 and 2015 M235is have the same engine. The engineer said that the engine was changed in the 2015 M235i which does not make sense. He probably meant that all M235is had a modified engine but forgot or did not know that 2014 was the first model year of the M235i.

All I am saying is that even a company like BMW can get things wrong once in a while and in some instances where there is a reason to doubt something, it's better to logically arrive at the most probable conclusion.
Appreciate 0