bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
True. But this is not the Nurburgring we are talking about.

I could list a 100000 “what if” scenarios that the M2 would be much slower. We can start ‘in a straight line to 60mph’ and go from there. How about ‘with 1 flat tire’? Or ‘on the Daytona Speedway’.

So you get to pick the "master" track that's used to compare the M2 to all other cars?

There is no equivalency between "100,000 'what if' scenarios" and pointing out that the M4 is faster around the Nordschleife, or any other larger track for that matter. Of course the M4 is going to be faster around a larger track; it's got a better power-to-weight ratio, so it benefits from longer straights. That's not some obscure "what if", that's common sense.

Any discussion surrounding lap times for road cars always devolves in to this same pissing match. Everyone picks their favorite, and then cherry picks results that support theirs.

I guarantee you that for 99% of the people on this board, if you put them behind the wheel of both cars at a three day track school, everyone would walk away with a different favorite, and it would have very little to do with the lap time.

A good car is like a good video game. Challenging, but not beyond your capability. It must respond to your controls, and it must work for your driving style. Some people are heavy-handed, while others have a light touch. It must also suit your tastes. Some people love drag racing, while others like to drive around a circuit. Some people like to hang the tail out, while others like to keep it tidy.

You can't tell anything about these characteristics from a lap time, so don't lose any sleep over the fact that one car is a few seconds faster than another around a circuit. Drive what you like.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 2
soco35277.50
Robin_NL8717.00