Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucErDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheard View Post
I have DCT and am extremely happy with the transmission.

My qualifier is that I've driven standards since 1983, including big block american muscle V8s to hi-performance open-wheel racers to M cars. I raced 2 stroke MX bikes from 82-89, which was all about keeping the throttle in the power band between gears. I also had an E46 330Ci with BMW's first manu-matic, which I bought due to city commuting traffic and was overwhelmingly disappointing.

While driving a manual is fun, I love the DCT gearbox. The shifting is absolutely lightning fast and with M2's very broad powerband, I look at it as the DCT allows we me to keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times and never guessing on which gear I should be in. The result is my cornering is better and I take optimal lines, focusing on throttle-to-braking transition entering and braking-to-throttle exiting the apex.

Just my $.02
I know myself and know that I won't be using the manual shifting option on DCT (i.e. the paddles) never used them in my DSG.

Do you think DCT is still worth getting if it won't be used in manual mode?

A DCT is an automatic, so....you will just be paying a lot for your automatic transmission
Appreciate 0