is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
That's fantastic! I'm assuming that is on a TT bike? Either way, awesome time.

That's pretty much my back of the mind cycling goal, to do a 1 hour 40k. Without wind assistance. My fastest so far without favorable conditions or draft partners is 1 hour 11 min, on a road bike. Those 11 min are going to hurt.
Thank you. No TT bike. Did it on my stock CF Trek Domane with no aero bars which are not allowed in DSO road races. I was able to get into a faster age group. I broke the record for my age group by several minutes which stood for almost 20 years.
The key was getting training advice from Chris Carmichael who set up several training regimens for me leading up to the race (intervals, pedaling efficiency, weight training) which put me in the best shape I have been in for many years. It was not about a lot of time spent on the bike but rather the quality of the time. A 1-2 interval workout did much more than a 4-5 hour ride at a decent pace. It was not easy but the benefits were worth it. I also took gold for the 5 & 10K time trials for a clean sweep. Old guys rule.
That's awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. And congratulations on the hard work paying off!