View Single Post
      04-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #78
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn View Post
Camber plates - Didn't do a before (track) so can't really say. The plates cost about the same as 2 new front tires, so I just put them in based on previous BMW experiences. On for street, after alignment at very close to 0- with -2.75, certainly better in roundabouts, but that could've been toe as well as camber. Was all about tire wear for me, but better turn in seems intuitive looking at wear across the whole tire versus just the edge. Just a thought, no proof.

Belts - Yup, those are the ones I'm using. Not certified for the F87 BTW, but clips right in. And out. Nice.

Brakes - Brakes were STRONG all weekend. Bet you could easily engage ABS on the stock Michelins if you wanted to do that, but wasn't an issue I had to manage or even consider. The big discs provide a pretty impressive moment arm for torque, and I'm thinking pad choice will be less critical than my E36, where I needed all the torque I could get. This car stops well. Stock fluid and lines BTW. No issues
I've done 2 events without camber plates, turn in was awesome (unlike BMM M cars of old) on stock alignment. I don't appear to have excess tire wear on the shoulder either. I just ordered plates but not really sure if this car needs them since it doesn't understeer on the factory alignment.

I have DTC60's and 70's to test, will start with 60's first and I'm running RBF600 fluid.

Also got the Quick Fit Pro coming, so I can use my H&N restraint.
Appreciate 0