03-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #42
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Great responses on the brakes guys.

Ok so I've decided I'm getting at least the 4660 fronts once the GT4 finds a new home.

So a few questions about pads for these calipers:

-Are there 2 pads I can buy that I can swap between before track days? One primarily for daily driving / canyons, and one for driving to/from/on the track.
-Do I need to bother swapping the back? From what I've read the answer seems to be "no" but I figured I'd see the opinions you guys have.

I do enjoy HDPE, but would not consider myself a "track rat." First and foremost my car needs to be livable on a daily basis, but I don't want it to fall apart when I probe it's limits at Laguna/Sonoma/Thunderhill. I'm looking for a balance.
The Ferodo DS2500 are quality street pads that can also stand up to some light track work. The DS UNO is the track compound to get.

You probably don't "need" to swap to the rear BBK kit from the description you give. The kits are designed to provide proper front/rear balance, so you can technically use just the front kit. I decided to go rear as well, but I am a "last few percent" type of guy and am a bit OCD when it comes to unmatched front/rear calipers!

Jeff can probably weigh in here on the amount of noise (if any) the DS2500 make on the street; I only have track pads since my car will see most use there.
Appreciate 0