03-01-2017, 01:14 AM   #35
MayorAdamWest
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Wow I think I've found the secret lair of the rennlisters. I just bought an M2 over the weekend, and I'm likely selling my GT4 soon.

I'm surprised to see Aleks and the MayorAdamWest here!

Anyhow I bought the M2 to consolidate, and reduce some "fun" expenses. I love the car so far, it's fantastic. In many ways to me it feels like a true successor to the E46 M3.

A couple of questions:
  • Do you guys feel the AP racing set up is mandatory? if so why?
  • Does the M2 pass sound at laguna at full throttle?

I plan to leave the car stock if possible, but I want to hear the reasons why I should or shouldn't change out the brakes. I'm not a hard/aggressive driver. For example, I tracked the GT4 7 times last year, and I still have tread on the original Cup 2s (almost to wear bar), and the brakes are in good shape.
Answered in a PM but will here as well. Welcome! The M2 will absolutely pass sound even on a 90db day.

As for the brakes, it depends. Keep in mind your GT4 weighs 450lbs less and has GT3 brakes. The OEM GT3 brakes were fine for me even under very hard use. That said, there is no way the factory brakes on the M2 can take that punishment. It's not a track car like the GT4. If you are going to track the M2 get the brakes. To me it's a safety thing. The factory brakes are great until the moment they aren't, and that's when you end up in a wall. As for the tires, you may decide to drive harder, you may not. As long as you have fun, it doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0