View Single Post
      10-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #17
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
You had me at " just with a number plate", BMW , now just leave the manual gearbox in it and I'll take an M2 CSL.
But first , clear out the ranks with a 4 seat cushy car M2 CS would ya? please and thank you !!!
BMW M boss Van Meel's number plate reference was undoubtedly a hint to indicate that the next "CSL" iterations will be street-legal, unlike for example the BMW M235i Racing or Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport.

Hopefully BMW will call the 450hp track tool "M2 CSL" (competitors don't use that abbreviation and the E46 M3 CSL remains a strong brand for all the right reasons, maybe except for the 'SMGII gearbox only' offering) rather than "M2 Competition Racing", "M2 Competition S", "M2 Racing" or other questionable name choices (remember the lengthy "BMW 1-Series M Coupé" name ). Just keep it easy for the M2, M4 and M8 model range: base, ZCP, CS, CSL. Though "M2 Garching Package" ("M2 GP") à la Porsche's "Weissach Package", wouldn't sound bad either.

There are horses and horses for courses + lap times matter for the top breed: if the M2 top horse would be M-DCT only, would that be a deal breaker for you, M3 Adjuster ? If it does, maybe get in line for the "4-seat cushy" M2 CS ("M2 Competition") ?