Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I'm old school but there are a lot of items that concern me in your report.

"Running tank low a lot"
" ran out of gas"
" e85"
" I tuned car "

Addl info needed

Time frame for when items were replaced ?

Disclaimers:

1) Not a mechanic.
2) I Didn't sleep at a holiday inn last night.
3) Recommend KISS method.

-Confirm vehicle battery is in good working order.
-Install six fresh OEM spark plugs and check compression at each cylinder.

If compression test checks out dance a jig!

Replace ALL 02 sensors with known good sensors.

Next I would verify spark at each cylinder - replace coil packs if needed.

Then I would consider confirming fuel pressure level from LPFP.
Thanks for your response...

To be more clear I didnt tune cars, I can and will be making a custom map down the line but right now im on Bootmode Stage 2 OTS tune...

I did replace primary 02...Secondary 02 will not affect running its just there to tell you if catalytic converter is working but with tune its not even monitered as i have a catless dp...

i was running 30-40% e85 so 25-30% ethanol the first few thousand miles (after break in) which is supposedly OK..But knowing the propertys of ethanol and the tremendous volume (almost double) and corrosive effects and now learning the stock pumps are maxed on 93 octane and stock boost...Obviously the pumps have been pushed hard for a while now...

All plugs were replaced by me a few days ago, it improved a bit and then is getting worse...still 50% or less power...cyl 1 and 6 the 2 furthest from TB..

I switched coils to see i the cylinder misses changed amd still 1 and 6 so not coil not plugs...im getting upto 2800psi fuel pressure at the rail (which i dont know stock target) im trying to find out...

Oddly Bootmode dash board when trying to compare HPFP target with reading they read 0...in fact all things related to fuel are reading 0...very strange but in torque and other 0bd apps i am getting fuel rail pressure...

im also getting 0 voltage at lpfp (reading) im going to take cover off this weeknd and use a voltage meter to see if its getting power...

Yes I have been letting the tank get low bc after LAMBDA READING STOPPED to DME the cars been horrible on gas so i was always low and refilling and i drive hard..

I REALLY WANT TO SUSPECT COMBO O DME CLOSED LOOP FUEL TARGET CIRCUITS (02 CIRCUITS) CAUSING RICH MIXTURE ON ANALREADY OVER TAXED OVER BOOSTED LPFP (ESPECIALLY WITH ETHANOL AND RUNNING TANK LOW) THATS A RECIPE FOR DESTRUCTION.

DOES ANYONE KNOW TARGET RANGE FUEL RAIL PRESSURE?

DOES ANYONE KNOW I THE CAR CAN RUN WITH NO LP FEED?

CAN THE CAR PUSH 2800PSI IF HPFP IS FAILED BY HIGH VOLUME LPFP PUSHING FUEL INTO TINY FUEL RAIL???