02-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #290
Sam@Bimmerpost
Contributor - Editor
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propanelgen View Post
Very nice review!

If this new M2 had a hydraulic steering rack from the e92 M3, I would definately get it.
I can't stand the steering wheel giving no feedback.
Which is also the reason I haven't yet bought a F82 M4.
I'm with you. The hydraulic racks are still better. But they have definitely improved since the very first EPAS systems and the M2's steering is perfectly acceptable to me and I've been very critical of EPAS in the past. When I'm driving the M2, I don't even think about it. Might be worth another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I'm pretty sure it came down to cost and not safety. BMW should have allowed the driver to customize how he/she wants the car to be setup by utilizing programmable M buttons like they've done before on the M3 and M5/6.
Yes, but it's this complexity that BMW said they wanted to remove from the new cars. It was too complicated before and nobody used bothered to customize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Another question for you...

How noticeable was the overboost, especially on the track? The 1M I had a chance to put some laps on seemed very abrupt and inconsistent when the overboost was provided. It actually made my 135i more predictable in certain situations.
Good question. I don't think I ever 'felt' the overboost kicking in. Hard acceleration just felt like hard acceleration. It was seamless to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDivaS6 View Post
Yes 4 doors please!

OP, thanks for the awesome video review - great work on the shoot and the editing! Also all of the pictures uploaded in this post also brought out the drool on the keyboard.

Well done Sam!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Ok, Sam. I originally ordered my M2 (production scheduled for Week 3 in March) with DCT. I'm a track rat, and since I've had two M vehicles with it, i know what an advantage it is on the track. But on the street, it is very boring. I ordered my F10 M5 with the 6MT and love every mile. Except in traffic! So after a particularly torturous stint in Toronto traffic three months ago, I promised myself that my next M car would have the automatic. But after hearing your description of how amazing the manual is, I just called my Sales Advisor and asked him to change my order. Know that every time I get caught in horrible traffic with this beast, your image and comments will materialize in my psyche.
Wow, great job on the transmission change. You will have so much fun with it that it'll be worth it. The clutch isn't heavy at all and won't be a pain in traffic. At least compared to something like a 997 GT3. THAT was a painful clutch in traffic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Can the rear seats be used by adults?.
Depends on the adult. I'm an smaller adult and I fit in the back OK. I wouldn't put a six footer back there for an extended amount of time.
Appreciate 0